Reading About the Skill--choose one
- Do a book report on a topic related to your skill.
- Read a magazine or journal article on a topic related to your skill and write a report summarizing it.
- Think of a famous person who was good at your skill. Read a biography of him or her and write a report on it.
- Look up three quotations (in Bartlett's Book of Quotations) about your skill. Summarize them in your own words.
- Relate the skill to what your future work or profession might be. Ask someone who is already doing that kind of work about the role of that skill in work.
- Find a fictional story that relates to the skill. Summarize the meaning of the story and how it relates to your skill in your own words.